Tuesday 3 April 2007

Bring the Sun Back!

Yesterday's brilliant warm sunshine inspired me to come over all summery when thinking about tonight's CRON meal. Lots of steamed green veggies with a herby creamy sauce and maybe some toasted almonds, and tofu chocolate pudding in my dinky espresso cups topped with blueberries and possibly hazelnuts. It's even all entered into CoM.

Of course, today is more of a hot soup, baked butternut squash and quorn sausage sort of day. That could be done. I shall see how things feel later. It's got so chill, I want to hibernate again, and I am craving wintry carbs. Specifically, I am craving the heavy, dense pumpernickel bread with raisins and seeds that I picked up at the weekend and sliced up and put in the freezer to stop me doing precisely what I have been doing all day and toasting it in 30g chunks. It is oh so delicious but the carb line in CoM is pushing at the edges of the screen and making a break for freedom.

However, I still do think I need to raise my calories a little more - I've not been close to 1100 a day for the last week or so, and I was floppier in the gym this morning than I should have been. If I keep them as low as I have been, I'm not sure the weight loss will actually stop where I expect it to (around 110-112lbs, based on previous experience) and that might not actually be a good look in July, still three months away. So eating the pumpernickel is not a sin.

Might post photos of the CRON-a-deux later on.

Later. Et voila.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tofu chocolate pudding in espresso cups sounds exquisite! I've tasted the vegan choc. mousse from Whole Foods and I imagine it's similar. Sorry your weather isn't great. We're having one of our first 80 degree days of the year here in Virginia, USA. I don't mean to brag; I am empathizing!

Schatze said...

Those greens look so good! Will you share the secret of what goes into that sauce?

April said...

Sara,

I am thinking of you, praying for you, and I identify with you more than you will ever know.

Jump on a plan and come hang out with us here! We make good food...

a

Sara said...

Thank you, April...

Christina - as I just wrote in a new entry, the sauce is dairy - so no good for you right now. But it was 150g Total 0%, 100g low-fat cottage cheese and 40g low-fat feta, with a ton of fresh herbs and fresh black pepper. A 68g serving was 62 calories with 9g of protein.

Anonymous said...

Such cool handles on those cups! Great looking meal.