Friday 27 April 2007

Another Country

I spent last night at this hotel in Wales with my mother, prior to meeting my brother briefly nearby early this morning. We had a lovely girlie night, and ate in the hotel restaurant where we both ate grilled asparagus with poached egg and spring onion and mustard dressing as appetizers, and I ate a small mediterranean vegetable salad for my main course - arugula, zucchini, eggplant, tomato. I have no idea how much oil was in the dressings for either and so, as usual, the eating out calories are a mystery. I can't imagine they would be that high though, and as usual I'd covered all the bases before I left, more or less.

Breakfast this morning was higher carb than I am used to - 96 cals worth of Dorset Cereals Berries and Cherries (I kept what was left in the package and weighed it when I got home - I'd only eaten 30g of it and thought I'd eaten far more, and actually it appears to be the lowest calorie option in the range by more luck than judgement), 1/2 slice of wholemeal toast, some yoghurt - the french kind of sweetened fruit puree in the bottom - and some dried prunes and apricots. I don't know why I ate so much except because it was there and I am hoping that it is that, together with the very strong coffee, and the very little sleep I had in the night, that is the reason that I am feeling mildly shaky and decidedly weird in the chest today. Ow. And *fear*.

I am running around too much again and I Need. To. Slow. Down.

I have today off work, and got home in good time with a series of extremely well-connecting trains and buses with hardly any waiting time between them. Bonus. I do have a lot of tidying up in my house to do though before my weekend guest arrives and am trying to summon the energy. Urgh. Oh for a cleaner. I seem to have several unwelcome invertebrate squatters judging by the silvery trails on my carpets and rugs, little bastards. I am hoping a quick hoover will sort out the worst of the evidence and not leave my friend totally grossed out by my slovenly kept accommodations.

Yes, we still have good weather! :-) And in my area at least set to continue so for a few days yet. All the summer flowers are blooming already; it's quite incredible. Heaven knows what will be left for me to bunch together in July.

No comments: